Pianos in the Parks
Thursday, July 17
(Event will start promptly at 1pm)
Othello Park – 4351 S Othello St, Seattle, WA 98118
More at Facebook.com/pianosintheparks
Launching July 17 and continuing through August 17, 2014, Pianos in the Parks employs the power of music and art to encourage the discovery of City of Seattle and King County parks. Pianos in the Parks features 20 artistically enhanced pianos created by Gage Academy of Art, faculty, students and alumni, placed in 20 different park locations, available for free public use and music exploration. With a musically-talented city like Seattle and partners like KEXP, Seattle Symphony and City of Music, one can only guess what type of surprise performances they will stumble upon.
Additionally, musicians (and acoustic bands) of all skill levels and musical persuasions are urged to enter the Pianos in the Parks Facebook contest for a chance to perform at Concerts at the Mural presented by KEXP and Seattle Center on Friday, August 22. To enter, participants simply need to upload a video of their performance using one of the pianos, and then encourage their friends to ‘like’ their video, at: https://www.facebook.com/pianosintheparks
At the end of the campaign, the pianos will be sold to the highest bidder in an online auction on the Pianos in the Parks website: www.pianosintheparks.com. Proceeds from the sale of these pianos will benefit Seattle Parks and Recreation, King County Parks, Seattle Symphony, KEXP and Gage Academy of Art.
Underwritten by Laird Norton Wealth Management, Pianos in the Parks was created in partnership with Seattle Parks and Recreation, King County Parks, the Seattle Symphony, KEXP, Gage Academy of Art, City of Music, and Classic Pianos.
· In addition to the primary partners, Pianos in the Parks has received generous support from numerous local companies and entities. We’d especially like to thank Play Network, Dakota Art, Seattle Center and Saint Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral for their support of this campaign.
· Seattle Parks and Recreation:
· Alki Park: 1702 Alki Ave SW
· Westlake Park: 401 Pine St.
· Denny Park: 100 Dexter Ave. N.
· Hing Hay Park: 423 Maynard Ave. S.
· Pier 62/63: 1951 Alaskan Way
· Ballard Commons Park: 5701 22nd Ave. NW
· Green Lake Park: 7201 East Greenlake Dr. N
· Maple Leaf Reservoir Park: 1020 NE 82nd St
· Cal Anderson Park: 1635 11th Ave.
· Volunteer Park: 1247 15th Ave E
· Othello Playground: 4351 S. Othello St.
· Sam Smith Park: 1400 Martin Luther King Jr Way S
· Rainier Beach Community Center Plaza: 8825 Rainier Ave S
· Seattle Center: 305 Harrison St.
· City Hall Plaza: 600 4th Ave.
· Marymoor Park: 6046 West Lake Sammamish Parkway Northeast, Redmond
· Sammamish River Trail: Wilmot Gateway Park: 17301 131st Ave. NE, Woodinville
· Sammamish River Trail: Northshore Athletic Fields: 14600 NE 145th ST, Woodinville
· Burke Gilman Trail: Kenmore near 7324 NE 175th S
· Steve Cox Memorial Park: 1321 SW 102nd St., West Seattle
· For more information, schedule of performances, campaign details and additional content, please visit: www.pianosintheparks.com. For more information about the partners and their involvement, please visit: www.pianosintheparks.com/our-partners.
· To enter the Facebook contest, post videos to: https://www.facebook.com/pianosintheparks
· To tag contest entries, pictures and experiences, use the hashtag #PianosintheParks.